photo by Coasty
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan forced.
- Brush a 20cm springform pan with melted and then combine the remaining butter and garlic in a small bowl.
- Peel potatoes and slice as thin as possible (would suggest a mandolin or food processor).
- Make a layer of potatoes in the base of the pan, overlapping slightly and brush with some garlic butter and season lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Repeat layers, brushing each with garlic butter and seasoning with the salt and pepper every couple of layers.
- When you have made the final layer, press down to compact the potato, before giving a final brush of butter.
- Stand pan on a baking tray, cover with foil and bake for 1 hour, uncover pan and cook for a further 30 minutes or until potato is tender and the top is a golden brown.
- Run a knife around the inside of the pan and release the sides and cut into wedges to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.