Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
My husband volunteered me to bring potato salad to his family for a cookout, so I looked for a unique recipe--not your run-of-the-mill potato salad. I found this recipe from Paula Deen and we all loved it!
- 6 cups diced new potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup Italian dressing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon horseradish
- Boil potatoes with skins on for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain. Pour salad dressing of over warm potatoes. Chill for about 2 hours.
- Mix remaining ingredients and fold into potato mixture. Chill until ready to serve.
This turned out really good. I cut the mayo down to about 3/4 c because of other reviewers saying it made a lot of dressing. I followed the recipe exactly other than that. I thought it was just a bit bland when it was finished, so I added a couple tablespoons of pickle juice and a few chopped baby dills. Thanks, this was a great recipe!
I absolutely loved this! After I made this, I shared it with all my family. They loved it too!!! Good Work =]
This was the best potato salad I ever made! I did make a few modifications though. I used 3/4 cup of dressing and chilled overnight. Instead of sliced green onions I used a microplaner and grated sweet onion. I used 8 eggs (I love eggs in my potato salad) and added 1-1/2 TBSP of yellow mustard.