Top Review by Vseward (Chef~V)
This is a really easy chowder to make and is a nice thick soup. I followed the recipe exact except I decided to puree half the mixture as I tend to like creamy chowder and added it back to the remaining. I also added a tad of Old bay seasoning to give it more of a kick and topped off with seasoned croutons. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Made for January Belly warmers...photo forum.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 chicken flavored bullion cubes
- 1 (1 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, 1 to 16
- 2 pints half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in 4 qt. saucepan.
- Add potatoes, onion and salt ; cook until potatoes are tender, stirring often.
- Combine flour and paprika, add to potatoes.
- Cook 1 minute. Stirring water and bouillon.
- Cook and stir until mixture is thick.
- Stir in corn and half-and-half.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until corn is tender about 15 minutes.
- Friendly Freeze Digest 1191 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -