Prep 15 mins
Cook 36 mins
Got this off of the back of a Red Gold Tomatoes can. Have not tried yet but I intend to.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) diced chili ready canned tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large soup kettle sauté potatoes, onion and green bell pepper in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and chili powder, cook an additional minute.
- Be sure to coat the vegetables with the garlic and chili powder.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and the mixture has thickened.