photo by Lorrie in Montreal
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef (I use 96% lean)
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 4 cups potatoes, diced (you may leave the peel on)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water (more if needed)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with oil, onion and jalapeno.
- Add potatoes to pan with tomatoes, water and spices.
- Simmer covered, about 25-30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Different and very good chili. I really like the potatoes in it, and it does taste like chili! We made an even healthier version with Morningstar veggie crumbles, which work so well in recipes like this. I also followed other reviewers and doubled the cumin and oregano, and added a red pepper and garlic. Ate the leftovers with some lime, cilantro and nonfat sour cream and that was even better.
see 1 more reviews