Recipe by MapleGrrl
I found this recipe on AllRecipes.com and fell in love with it. You can use a different cheese if you do not like swiss and use a different broth if you are out of vegetable broth.
- 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (or your favourite)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan bring potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, vegetable broth and salt to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are just tender.
- Do not rinse.
- Mash mixture slightly.
- Stir in milk.
- In a small bow, blend butter, flour, parsley, pepper and garlic; stir into potato mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat: Add cheese and stir in cheese until almost melted Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.