I found this recipe on AllRecipes.com and fell in love with it. You can use a different cheese if you do not like swiss and use a different broth if you are out of vegetable broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (or your favourite)
- 1In a large saucepan bring potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, vegetable broth and salt to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are just tender.
- 3Do not rinse.
- 4Mash mixture slightly.
- 5Stir in milk.
- 6In a small bow, blend butter, flour, parsley, pepper and garlic; stir into potato mixture.
- 7Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- 8Remove from heat: Add cheese and stir in cheese until almost melted Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.0
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.0 mg
- Sodium 796.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: