Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe that my grandma made at all our family dinners. I can't eat it and not think of her! It is yummy and everyone can't help but love the taste!
- 2 (1 lb) bags frozen hash brown potatoes, defrosted
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 10 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Combine potatoes, melted butter, salt and pepper.
- Add onion, soup, sour cream and cheese; mix well.
- Put in 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Top with topping mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
Really enjoyed this potato casserole. It was quite a hit at dinner. Easy to make as well. Thanks
This is a great recipe that has been around for years and is always a favorite. These are often referred to as funeral potatoes smongst the ladies at church. They are often fixed along with ham and served to family members and other guests after the services for the guest of honor.
This recipe is outstanding. We loved it. The only thing that I changed is I used 1 1/2 lb of potatoes because 2 lbs didnt seem to want to fit into my 9X13 casserole dish and I used minced onions only because I was in a hurry but I know that fresh onion would have been better. I will defintely be making this again. Very good. Thank you for posting a great recipe.