Oven Fried Chicken With Corn Flakes
Another wonderful Joy of Cooking recipe. Very good reduced fat fried chicken!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken parts
- salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Position rack in upper 1/3 of oven.
- Preheat to 350°F.
- Remove chicken skin, if desired.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- season with salt and black pepper.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a large bowl.
- Combine corn flakes, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then coat with corn flake mixture, patting with fingers to make the crumbs stick (you can do up to this step about 3 hours in advance and keep uncovered in fridge).
- Arrange the chicken, skin side up, on the greased cookie sheet.
- At this point you can drizzle 2-3 tablespoons melted butter over the chicken, if you would like.
- Bake until the chicken is golden and crisp, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Twice the stated cooking time? So you cooked it for over 1-1/2 hours @ 350? WOW!!! better get that oven checked out. I've made this recipe 5 times and it has been perfect every time. I cook it for one hour and I put small potatoes around the pan everything is cooked completely through. I do however, add some paprika and also add a layer of salt and pepper before dipping in the mixture SMHReply
We made this for dinner last night and my son declared it "best meal ever." It was easy to make with help from the kids. I added a little extra seasonings to the chicken before I dipped it in the egg/milk mixture so I didn't feel that it was bland. Also, to avoid some of the sogginess that others mentioned in the reviews, I cooked the chicken on a cooling rack (sprayed with cooking spray) placed on a cookie sheet so the air could circulate--perfectly crispy on all sides. Will be making this again and again.1Reply
see 16 more