Recipe by Garnet
This is a great potato recipe. I have served it at family and company dinners and there's never any left over. Also great for potlucks.
Top Review by papergoddess
This got a "BIG FIVE" from my whole family. My husband likes anything with bacon, and this was a great side dish. I made a ham (boring) and wanted something to make-ahead. I used green onions insread of onion powder, and I fryed about a half-pound of bacon and sprinkled it on top. It has my vote!!
- 6 large potatoes
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 can mushroom soup or 1 can chicken soup (Campbells)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- bacon bits
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until they can be grated easily (not quite done).
- Combine sour cream, soup, milk, cheese, garlic powder and onion salt.
- Add to potatoes and mix well.
- Put in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with bacon bits and sprinkle lightly with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.