Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great potato recipe. I have served it at family and company dinners and there's never any left over. Also great for potlucks.
- Boil potatoes until they can be grated easily (not quite done).
- Combine sour cream, soup, milk, cheese, garlic powder and onion salt.
- Add to potatoes and mix well.
- Put in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with bacon bits and sprinkle lightly with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This got a "BIG FIVE" from my whole family. My husband likes anything with bacon, and this was a great side dish. I made a ham (boring) and wanted something to make-ahead. I used green onions insread of onion powder, and I fryed about a half-pound of bacon and sprinkled it on top. It has my vote!!
I crisped my own bacon and threw it on top...it was so good my husband make potato pancakes the next morning with the left overs, by frying in oil. they were just as good as the casserole was the night before!
I made this an a side dish to a BBQ brisket last weekend. I did substitute frozen hashbrowns which made the recipe super fast & easy. I also used bacon that I chopped up and fried very crisp for extra flavor. My family loved it. This will definitely be repeated often. Would be great with a ham dinner and of course for potlucks.