This ordinary potato soup takes the turn to fantastic with the addition of blue cheese! (That's if you enjoy blue cheese!) Love this stuff
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add potatoes; cook 5 minutes.
- Add broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in half-and-half, 1/2 cup of the cheese, salt and pepper.
- (Soup can be made to this point up to 1 day ahead.) Before serving, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.