Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This ordinary potato soup takes the turn to fantastic with the addition of blue cheese! (That's if you enjoy blue cheese!) Love this stuff
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled,cubed
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided (4 oz)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add potatoes; cook 5 minutes.
- Add broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in half-and-half, 1/2 cup of the cheese, salt and pepper.
- (Soup can be made to this point up to 1 day ahead.) Before serving, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
This one's a winner! It is very easy to make, and the flavor is just delicious. Since I'm a blue cheese fiend, I think I would add more blue cheese next time. Don't miss this recipe if you like good soup.
my my was this ever good. never thought to do that thanks for a great recipe
Mmmmmm! The blue cheese gives this soup a pleasant and not overpowering flavor. After reading the previous review, I decided to only use 3 cups of broth to make a thicker soup. I used fat free half and half to cut some fat. I'll certainly make this again.... thanx!