Recipe by Tish
This ordinary potato soup takes the turn to fantastic with the addition of blue cheese! (That's if you enjoy blue cheese!) Love this stuff
Top Review by Tisherself
This one's a winner! It is very easy to make, and the flavor is just delicious. Since I'm a blue cheese fiend, I think I would add more blue cheese next time. Don't miss this recipe if you like good soup.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled,cubed
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided (4 oz)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add potatoes; cook 5 minutes.
- Add broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in half-and-half, 1/2 cup of the cheese, salt and pepper.
- (Soup can be made to this point up to 1 day ahead.) Before serving, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.