Recipe by shari
Good served with Salsa, or diced tomatoes and avocado. I got this recipe from another RecipeZaar user, and have tweaked it so much that I thought I'd put it up as a new recipe. Thanks, Terese!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium potatoes, sliced
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 1 cup diced tomato (I prefer Roma)
- 1 cup spinach
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- sea salt
- 4 tablespoons marjoram, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In an oven-proof large frying pan, heat olive oil.
- Add potatoes and cover.
- Cook for 4 minutes until potatoes are just soft.
- Add leeks and cook for another 2 minutes until just soft.
- Stir in tomatoes and spinach, and remove from heat.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, cheese, and marjoram.
- Pour egg mixture over potato mixture and heat until nearly set.
- Place uncovered pan in oven and cook 8-10 minutes until completely set.