Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
No mayo here...just potatoes, bacon, onions and a light vinaigrette. Always fresh tasting and never heavy...goes well with any picnic food. Sometimes I add a little fresh rosemary as a garnish, the flavor goes well with the potatoes and bacon.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes, cooked, cooled and halved
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain and then crumble.
- Measure 2 teaspoons of the bacon drippings into a small bowl. Whisk in the olive oil until combined.Then whisk in the stock, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the potatoes.
- Add green onions to the potato mixture and toss well to coat.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon and parsley.
- Serve this salad at room temperature.
This is great for when you don't want traditional potatoe salad. It was very easy to make and I will be making it again. Thanks!