- 4 lbs beef brisket
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 cup tomatoes, peeled and chopped (fresh or canned)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup beef broth, can use just water
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub meat with salt, pepper, curry, turmeric and ginger.
- Heat oil in a deep casserole (or Dutch oven) and brown meat well on all sides, about 15 minutes.
- Pour off fat and add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer until fork tender, about 3 hours or longer.