Recipe by Pixie's Kitchen
From Woman's Day Magazine June 2009
Top Review by Cookin'withGas
this was a nice starting off point for me and the ingredients I had available...I also have a rather large crockpot so my ingredient amts were in some cases larger than called for...Here were my changes: yellow potatoes (which I'll pre-cook next time since they werent entirely cooked through this time), 16 oz italian sausage (leftover from a pasta meal), green pepper instead of cubanelle (LOVE gr. pepper), celery flakes instead of celery (didnt have any celery), increased the onion to 1c (LOVE onion), increased the garlic to 1 tb (LOVE garlic), skipped the salt (prefer to salt-to-taste when I eat), kept the thyme, kept the shrimp but used extra large size and used homemade NSA vegetable broth (6c. worth since I was making a BIG batch)...Now granted, MY version was more italian than portugeuse, but thats OK, this recipe gave me a place to start...thanks for sharing!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canfire roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 red potatoes, quartered
- 8 ounces chorizo sausage, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 cup quartered pepper, cubanelle
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced, 1/2 cup
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in crock pot except for shrimp. Gently stir until well combined and vegetables are covered in cooking liquid. Cover and cook on low 6 to 9 hours until veggies are tender.
- Turn heat to high and add shrimp pushing them under the liquid. Cover and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through. Garnish with cilantro.