Pasta and Sausage Soup
This is a delicious warm soup that hits the spot on a cold winter day. This is one from my mother-in-law's recipe box.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (or 1 14 1/2 oz can chicken broth)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Remove casings from sausage. Cut sausage into 1/2-inch pieces. Brown. Drain off any fat.
- Add green pepper, onion and garlic to sausage and saute until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook until pasta is done, about 15-20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was delicious!! There was a huge sale on sweet sausage so I was just trying to find recipes to use it up. I think this will now become a regular in our dinner rotation! The only complaint from people was that they wished there was a more broth (the sausage adds such a nice flavor to the broth!). Thank you!!Reply
see 25 more