Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe that I found at recipes4us.co.uk and am posting this for ZWT Spain/Portugal region. I think this would be nice served over pasta, rice or with mashed potatoes. This isn't a spicy dish, so if you are wanting a little zip to the beef/veggie mix, feel free to add red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to taste.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb beef steak, cut into very thin slices (rump, sirloin, fillet)
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, freshly Chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and black pepper
- coriander, freshly chopped to garnish (cilantro)
- red pepper flakes (optional) or cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan until very hot, add the beef and fry for 2-3 minutes to seal on all sides.
- Add onion, garlic, tomatoes, parsley, and bay leaf, season with salt and pepper and heat to simmering point. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, raise the heat, bring to the boil and continue to boil rapidly, uncovered for 5 minutes to reduce the amount of liquid. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot sprinkled with fresh coriander.
This was really good. I appreciated how easy this recipe is to make, most of the cooking time is hands free.
Easy to prepare. The onions and tomatoes were good, but still needed something. Maybe some red pepper flakes, or some sliced bell peppers. Served with rice. A good base recipe that could be adapted to your own tastes.
This was okay ~ we all felt that it was missing something ~ not sure what. Served over noodles. Made for 123 Hits.