Recipe by diner524
A recipe that I found at recipes4us.co.uk and am posting this for ZWT Spain/Portugal region. I think this would be nice served over pasta, rice or with mashed potatoes. This isn't a spicy dish, so if you are wanting a little zip to the beef/veggie mix, feel free to add red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to taste.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb beef steak, cut into very thin slices (rump, sirloin, fillet)
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, freshly Chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and black pepper
- coriander, freshly chopped to garnish (cilantro)
- red pepper flakes (optional) or cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan until very hot, add the beef and fry for 2-3 minutes to seal on all sides.
- Add onion, garlic, tomatoes, parsley, and bay leaf, season with salt and pepper and heat to simmering point. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, raise the heat, bring to the boil and continue to boil rapidly, uncovered for 5 minutes to reduce the amount of liquid. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot sprinkled with fresh coriander.