1/1 Photo of Portabella Mushroom Burgers
Where's the beef? No one will miss it with these delictable burgers. Serve on lightly toasted whole wheat rolls with grilled onions for a healthy lunch or dinner meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large portabella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 -4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 4 whole wheat rolls
- sliced tomato (optional)
- romaine lettuce leaf (optional)
- sliced grilled onion (optional)
- Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1Cut stems off of mushrooms and place smooth side up in a shallow dish.
- 2Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- 3Prepare the marinade by whisking together the vinegar, oil, basil, oregano, and garlic.
- 4Pour the marinade over the mushrooms and allow to stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once or twice.
- 5Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 6Place the mushrooms on the preheated grill, reserving the marinade for basting
- 7Grill mushrooms for 5 to 8 minutes per side, basting frequently with marinade.
- 8During the last 2 minutes of grilling, top with cheese.
- 9Serve with the whole wheat rolls and condiments of your choice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella Mushroom Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.2
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.6 mg
- Sodium 801.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 21.0 g