Low Fat Beef and Mushroom Burgers
- Ready In:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups small cup mushrooms
- 450 g lean minced beef
- 1 cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- flour, for shaping
- salt and pepper
- Place the onion and mushrooms in a food processor and whizz until finely chopped. Add the beef, breadcrumbs, herbs, tomato paste and seasonings. Process for a few seconds until the mixture binds together but still has some texture.
- Divide the mixture into patties ( I sometimes make lots of smaller ones as opposed to a few large ones, as they are easier to cook and stuff into pita bread that way!) and press into burger shapes with lightly floured hands.
- Cook the burgers in a non stick frying pan, or under a hot grill , turning once, until evenly cooked.
- NB. Please be aware that the mixture is quite soft, so you will need to handle carefully to prevent the burger from breaking up while cooking.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation