Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Serving size; 3 oz. pork and 1 T. sauce. Per serving: 165 calories, 5.6 g fat, 24.1 g protein, 3.1 g carb, 0.4 g fiber, 74 mg cholesterol. Serve over steamed rice and sugar snap peas.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into 8 pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Let the oil get hot in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- Flatten each piece of pork to 1-inch thickness (can do this with your hands or rolling pin).
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
- Add pork to skillet; cook 5 minutes on each side; remove pork from skillet and keep warm.
- Add 1/4 cup water to skillet, scraping to loosen browned bits.
- Add in vinegar and the next 5 ingredients; cook over med-low heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the onions; serve sauce over pork.