TATYANA NGAI's Note:
I modified the original beef recipe that I got from about.com to add some variety to our dinner time. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pork, thinly sliced (sukiyaki cut in Asian markets)
- 16 ounces shirataki noodles
- 7 -8 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 bunch enoki mushrooms
- 1 medium leek
- 1 napa cabbage
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons chinese rice wine
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 (1/3 ounce) packet instant dashi stock
- 4 eggs (for dipping) (optional)
- 1Soak dried shiitake mushrooms in cold water for 3 hours (30 minutes in hot water if you are in a hurry).
- 2Rinse noodles in cold water.
- 3Cut all ingredients (except noodles) into bite-sized pieces.
- 4Arrange all ingredients on a large plate and place the plate at the table.
- 5Mix hot water, instant dashi soup powder, soy sauce, sake and sugar to make sukiyaki sauce.
- 6After this point, everything is done at the table as you eat.
- 7Heat a little oil in a shallow skillet (or fry pan or hot plate) at the table.
- 8Fry pork slices, then add sukiyaki sauce.
- 9Add other ingredients when the sauce starts to boil.
- 10Simmer until all ingredients are softened.
- 11Dip the cooked sukiyaki into the raw, beaten eggs and begin to eat.
- 12As liquid boils away, add more sukiyaki sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Sukiyaki
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.9
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 825.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 33.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant dashi stock