Apple-Cinnamon Coffeecake/Coffee Cake (Cooking Light)
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (original recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, about 6 3/4 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour (not in original)
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar (original recipe calls for 1 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 cups diced peeled granny smith apples (original recipe calls for 1 cup)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- To prepare cake, lightly spoon the flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine milk, melted butter, vanilla, and egg, stirring with a whisk; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Fold in apple. Pour batter into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- To prepare streusel, combine brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle streusel evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack before serving. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!