Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
When you are looking for something special, try this.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into thin medallions
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (can be part olive oil)
- 1⁄2 cup flour (for dredging)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, mixed with
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into long slices
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into long slices
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 cup white zinfandel wine
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta (good quality)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese (optional)
- fresh basil (optional)
- Heat oil in deep skillet. Salt and pepper the pork. Bread pork by dredging in flour, then in egg, then in breading.
- Fry in oil until crispy brown. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Place the vegetables in the pan and begin to lightly saute' till they look wilted and lightly cooked.
- Add the broth and reduce cooking liquid slightly, add wine and adjust seasonings (salt, pepper and sugar).
- Sauce should be slightly tart and slightly sweet from the wine.
- Add pasta in cooking liquid and cool through until al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Add crispy pork medallions and toss.
- Serve with Reggiano Parmesan cheese curls and fresh basil on top, if desired.