Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Taken from the "Quick, Healthy and Delicious Cooking" cookbook by BH&G.
Make and share this Pork Salad With Cabbage Slaw recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1 1/2 inch thick)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 slices turkey bacon (or bacon)
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup apple, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- Sprinkle pork with pepper and nutmeg.
- Place meat on the unheated rack of broiler pan.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 18 to 25 minutes or until no pink remains and juices run clear, turning the meat once during cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine coleslaw mix and apple, set aside.
- In a medium skillet cook bacon slices until crisp.
- Drain and crumble bacon, set aside.
- Add vinegar, apple juice, honey, mustard and craway seed to skillet.
- Bring to boiling.
- Pour over coleslaw mixture; add crumbled bacon.
- Toss to mix.
- Arrange coleslaw mixture on individual serving plates.
- Cut pork into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Arrange pork slices on coleslaw mixture.
- Garnish with additional apple slices if so desired.