Taken from the "Quick, Healthy and Delicious Cooking" cookbook by BH&G.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 slices turkey bacon (or bacon)
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup apple, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1Sprinkle pork with pepper and nutmeg.
- 2Place meat on the unheated rack of broiler pan.
- 3Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 18 to 25 minutes or until no pink remains and juices run clear, turning the meat once during cooking.
- 4Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine coleslaw mix and apple, set aside.
- 5In a medium skillet cook bacon slices until crisp.
- 6Drain and crumble bacon, set aside.
- 7Add vinegar, apple juice, honey, mustard and craway seed to skillet.
- 8Bring to boiling.
- 9Pour over coleslaw mixture; add crumbled bacon.
- 10Toss to mix.
- 11Arrange coleslaw mixture on individual serving plates.
- 12Cut pork into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- 13Arrange pork slices on coleslaw mixture.
- 14Garnish with additional apple slices if so desired.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Salad With Cabbage Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.8
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.2 mg
- Sodium 163.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 21.9 g