1/2 Photos of Pork Medallions With Mushrooms
This recipe from Canadian Living is easy to prepare, is on the table in under half an hour and yet is elegant enough for a special occasion. If you don't like pork, boneless chicken breasts can be substituted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) pork tenderloin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crumbled
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1Slice the pork into 8 equal rounds; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- 2In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat; brown the pork, turning once, about 2 minutes.
- 3Transfer to a plate.
- 4Drain off any fat from the pan.
- 5Add the onion, mushrooms, red pepper, garlic, sage and remaining salt and pepper; saute until the onion and mushrooms are golden, about 5 minutes.
- 6Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes.
- 7Whisk the flour with 2 tablespoons water; whisk into the boiling sauce.
- 8Return the pork to the pan; simmer until the sauce is thickened and just a hint of pink remains in the pork, about 4 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle with the green onions.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Medallions With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.2
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 110.5 mg
- Sodium 856.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 42.2 g