The tropical relish that tops these chops is a nod to the Caribbean climes and palm-tree breezes that are the stuff Jimmy Buffett songs are practically made of—a veritable paradise in this dish for two. From Epicurious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh serrano chilies, including seeds
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1-inch-thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1Toss together pineapple, onion, chile, thyme, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 2Grind coriander seeds in an electric coffee/spice grinder (or crush with flat side of a knife). Pat pork dry; sprinkle all over with coriander, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- 3Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers, then sauté pork, turning once, until well browned and just cooked through but still juicy, 6 to 10 minutes.
- 4Transfer pork to plates. Add pineapple mixture and rum to skillet and sauté, scraping up brown bits, 1 minute. Serve pork with relish.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Loin Chops With Pineapple Relish
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.1
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 123.9 mg
- Sodium 92.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 41.1 g