1/1 Photo of Pork Loin Chops With Mushroom Onion Gravy
My own concoction. I prefer to use self rising flour because it gives a lighter coating, but feel free to use plain/all purpose flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in large fry pan.
- 2Add onion and cook 5 minutes then add mushrooms and cook 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- 4In the meantime, mix the self rising flour with salt and pepper to taste in a shallow dish and dredge the chops. Save 1 tablespoon of the flour for later.
- 5With a slotted spoon, remove the veggies from the pan and set aside.
- 6Brown the chops about 2-3 minutes each side and remove from the pan.
- 7Return the veggies to the pan, add the chicken stock and place the chops on top, moving them around so they become immersed in the liquid.
- 8Bring to a boil then lower the heat. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes until pork is tender.
- 9Remove pork to a plate and keep warm.
- 10Mix the leftover tablespoon of dredging flour with the cold water and stir into the pan until thickened.
- 11Spoon gravy over chops to serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Loin Chops With Mushroom Onion Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 686.3
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 174.4 mg
- Sodium 534.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 57.3 g