Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
My own concoction. I prefer to use self rising flour because it gives a lighter coating, but feel free to use plain/all purpose flour.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 pork loin chops
- 1⁄2 cup self rising flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock (cube is fine)
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon flour (leftover from dredging)
- Heat olive oil in large fry pan.
- Add onion and cook 5 minutes then add mushrooms and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- In the meantime, mix the self rising flour with salt and pepper to taste in a shallow dish and dredge the chops. Save 1 tablespoon of the flour for later.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the veggies from the pan and set aside.
- Brown the chops about 2-3 minutes each side and remove from the pan.
- Return the veggies to the pan, add the chicken stock and place the chops on top, moving them around so they become immersed in the liquid.
- Bring to a boil then lower the heat. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes until pork is tender.
- Remove pork to a plate and keep warm.
- Mix the leftover tablespoon of dredging flour with the cold water and stir into the pan until thickened.
- Spoon gravy over chops to serve.
I never cook pork chops so was a little timid about trying this recipe...but it turned out GREAT! It was really yummy tasting and pretty easy to make! I made it with yellow onion as I didn't have red, but I think red would taste better. Next time I made add other veggies too (like zucchini). Our guests were impressed with the meal too! Thanks!
The only thing I added were a couple of shallots I had to use. These were delicious! The red onion & shallots gave a wonderful flavor, the gravy was phenomenal over mashed potatoes! I never know what to do with those big Costco pork loin chops, glad I happened onto this recipe ~ this is a keeper!
Im not sure why people give 4-5 stars on a recipe when they add their own ingredients or change measurements. The chops were pretty good but nothing special.