My own concoction. I prefer to use self rising flour because it gives a lighter coating, but feel free to use plain/all purpose flour.
- Heat olive oil in large fry pan.
- Add onion and cook 5 minutes then add mushrooms and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- In the meantime, mix the self rising flour with salt and pepper to taste in a shallow dish and dredge the chops. Save 1 tablespoon of the flour for later.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the veggies from the pan and set aside.
- Brown the chops about 2-3 minutes each side and remove from the pan.
- Return the veggies to the pan, add the chicken stock and place the chops on top, moving them around so they become immersed in the liquid.
- Bring to a boil then lower the heat. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes until pork is tender.
- Remove pork to a plate and keep warm.
- Mix the leftover tablespoon of dredging flour with the cold water and stir into the pan until thickened.
- Spoon gravy over chops to serve.