Recipe by JustJanS
I found this on a supermarket leaflet. The original recipe used lamb chops-I changed that to pork. The sauce is enough for 4 servings according to the original recipe, but we love lots of sauce over pasta.
Top Review by bill mayes
This was a easy dish to make and it was easily 5 stars. We doubled the cooking time because the meat was pretty thick. the sauce was delightful, however I will make it a little thicker next time. I consider this recipe a real find and thanks to the chef for the recipe. BRAVO
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 pork loin chops
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (410 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 100 ml white wine
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- basil leaves, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan and cook the onions over a low to medium heat for 5 minutes or until translucent; add the garlic and cook a further 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, herbs, stock, wine, and olives, bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the paprika over the chops and season them. Heat the remaining oil in another frying pan and sear the chops for 3-4 minutes each side until golden.
- Add the chops to the tomato sauce pan and continue to cook a further 10 minutes over a low heat.
- Scatter with torn basil leaves to serve.