Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the book, "Heart of the Palms"
Make and share this Pork Cutlets a La Creme recipe from Food.com.
- Pound pork cutlets to about 1/8" thick.
- Cut each into 2 or 3 pieces and set aside.
- Beat egg and water with a fork in a pie plate.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Dip cutlets in egg mixture and then into flour mixture, coating both sides.
- Melt 2 T butter or margarine in a large skillet.
- Cook cutlet pieces, a few at a time, until brown on both sides, adding more butter as needed.
- Remove cutlets to a warm platter.
- Into the same skillet, over medium heat, stir in half and half, wine, and bouillon, scraping brown bits from bottom of skillet.
- Cook and stir 3 minutes until thickened and flavors are blended.
- Pour sauce over cutlets and sprinkle with parsley.
The flavor of this dish was great! I somehow screwed up on the sauce and it unfortunately "broke" on me, but still tasted fine. (Just didn't look so pretty...) Will definitely try again, though. Thanks for a good and easy recipe, Junkie.
This was so great! One of those dinners where you linger at the table, savoring how delicious the pork tasted, taking swipes at the empty platter with your finger to get a last taste of the sauce. The only thing I did differently with this recipe was to cut back the amount of half-n-half; I used 1 cup. I served this with Barb Gertz's Muddled Herb Red Potatoes and we all thought the potatoes with the pork was fabulous...a little sweet corn on the side along with a multi-grain French baguette made this a perfect dinner. Thank you for posting this!!