Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I ate this one sunny aftertnoon in my neighbor's back yard. It has become the 'first of the rhubarb' recipe every year for the last 15!! Easy and unique and yummy.
- 4 bone in pork chops (standard thickness)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 cups rhubarb, 1/2 ' pieces
- 4 slices bread, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- Combine rosemary, salt&pepper and sprinkle on pork chops.
- Brown in oil, set aside. Make sure you have 1 Tbsp of drippings left adding some water if needed.
- Stir together all the stuffing ingredients.
- Grease a casserole dish that will hold chops in a single layer. Spoon half stuffing in, top with pork chops and then the remaining stuffing. Drizzle with reserved drippings and cover.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes ot till chops are tender.