slow cooker pork chops with a orange mermalade topping
Make and share this Pork Chops With Orange Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Place squash and onions in bottom of a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on pork chops and place them on top of vegetables.
- In a large bowl, combine broth, marmalade, and mustard and spoon over pork chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Transfer pork chops and vegetables to serving plateand cover to keep warm.
- For sauce, pour liquid from slow cooker into medium saucepan.
- Combine 2 tablespoons water with cornstarch and add to saucepan.
- Heat while stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Serve chops and vegetables with sauce.
i used a hubbard squash and it went together great
I changed this recipe around a bit based on what I had by using 1 shallot instead of the onions, veg broth and 2 oranges cut up instead of the marmalade. Very good but most likely I had different results than the chef planned on.
I made this with two large pork steaks cut in half to make 4 servings. Turned out very tender with a slight sweetness. Made for 123Hits.