Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good enough for a special occasion.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4 center cut boneless pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 158.51 ml dry red wine
- 78.07 ml beef broth
- 44.37 ml honey
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml dry mustard
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 453.59 g canpitted dark cherries
- Add the oil to a large saute pan. Season chops with salt and pepper. Brown the chops on both sides; reduce the heat and continue cooking until no pink remains and cooked through taking care not to overcook. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- Combine the wine, broth, honey, thyme, salt and mustard in the saute pan and bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch and vinegar and add it to the wine mixture. Bring to a boil and boil for one minute. Stir in the cherries.
- Return the chops to the pan and heat through before serving.