1/1 Photo of Pork Chops in Tomato Sage Sauce
This is a recipe I adapted from a 1991 Cooking Light recipe that I have continued to make for the past 15 years. It is a favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 4 T. oil and 2 T. butter in heavy medium skillet over medium high heat.
- 2Add tomatoes, reserving juice and dried sage. Cook until thickened to saucelike consistency, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes. Add Set aside.
- 3Divide remaining 2 T. oil, 2 T. butter and whole sage leaves between 2 heavy large skillets.
- 4Cook mixture over medium-high heat until butter melts.
- 5Add 2 chops to each skillet. Cover and cook until brown, turning frequently, about 10 minutes.
- 6Add 1/4 cup wine to each skillet. Boil uncovered until reduced to a glaze, about 5 minutes.
- 7Divide tomato sauce between pans, spreading over chops.
- 8Reduce heat, cover and simmer until chops are tender, about 30 minutes longer.
- 9Degrease sauce; adding reserved tomato juice if you like a thinner sauce.
- 10Season with salt and pepper.
- 11Transfer chops to a platter, and spoon sauce over.
- 12Sprinkle with mnced sage and reserve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops in Tomato Sage Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (719 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 836.4
- Calories from Fat 552
- Total Fat 61.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 182.4 mg
- Sodium 241.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 49.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: