Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tender pork with an apple, onion, thyme cream sauce.
Make and share this Pork Chops in Apple Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Brown pork chops in oil over medium high heat, remove.
- Add apples and onions, saute until apple is tender, remove apple and reserve.
- Add apple juice, bouillon granules, thyme and pork chops, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add apple and simmer until heated through.
- Remove apple and chops to a serving platter.
- Add cream, bring to a boil and cook until sauce is slightly reduced.
- Season to taste and pour over chops.
This was easy to make. The hardest thing was keeping everyone out of the caramelized onions. I had to add more apple juice because the chops I used were 1 1/4 " thick, so I had to cook longer. I did not have heavy cream so I just used half and half. There was not a single drop of the sauce left over. Thanks for making our "2004 Family Valentine Dinner" a big hit.