Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tender pork with an apple, onion, thyme cream sauce.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pork loin chops
- 2 medium red cooking apples, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Brown pork chops in oil over medium high heat, remove.
- Add apples and onions, saute until apple is tender, remove apple and reserve.
- Add apple juice, bouillon granules, thyme and pork chops, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add apple and simmer until heated through.
- Remove apple and chops to a serving platter.
- Add cream, bring to a boil and cook until sauce is slightly reduced.
- Season to taste and pour over chops.
This was easy to make. The hardest thing was keeping everyone out of the caramelized onions. I had to add more apple juice because the chops I used were 1 1/4 " thick, so I had to cook longer. I did not have heavy cream so I just used half and half. There was not a single drop of the sauce left over. Thanks for making our "2004 Family Valentine Dinner" a big hit.