Recipe by weekend cooker
a very easy down home dinner for the whole family.
Top Review by diner524
What a great meal all in one pan!!! I made this using 4 large boneless pork chops and did omit the canned mushrooms, as I am not a fan of the canned kind due to the texture. After browning the chops, I added the onion and peppers to the leftover oil/bits in the pan to sweat them a bit, then followed as written. I made this for my lunch, so I now have 3 packets of frozens chops/rice for lunches later on. Thanks for sharing this great recipe, just gotta love those fried onions!!! Made for Went to the Market Tag Game.
- 8 boneless pork chops
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops lightly. Drain and place in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In the same skillet,combine soup, water, rice, 1/2 cup of cheese, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms and mix well.
- Pour over pork chops.
- Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Uncover and top with remaining cheese, and french fried onions.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.