Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
a very easy down home dinner for the whole family.
Make and share this Pork Chops Cheddar Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 8 boneless pork chops
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops lightly. Drain and place in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In the same skillet,combine soup, water, rice, 1/2 cup of cheese, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms and mix well.
- Pour over pork chops.
- Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Uncover and top with remaining cheese, and french fried onions.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.
What a great meal all in one pan!!! I made this using 4 large boneless pork chops and did omit the canned mushrooms, as I am not a fan of the canned kind due to the texture. After browning the chops, I added the onion and peppers to the leftover oil/bits in the pan to sweat them a bit, then followed as written. I made this for my lunch, so I now have 3 packets of frozens chops/rice for lunches later on. Thanks for sharing this great recipe, just gotta love those fried onions!!! Made for Went to the Market Tag Game.
I made this recipe on 1/25/13 for mine and my SO's dinner. Since there was just only the two of us recipe was made as follows. I used 2 3/4 inch boneless chops that were seasoned with a bit of pepper and seasoned salt then lightly browned on both sides. For the soup, a 1/8 cup and 1 Tablespoon of Golden Mushroom soup was used. The amount of rice was 1/4 cup,water 1/3 cup, and 1/8 cup of finely chopped sweet onions. I didn't have any bell pepper on hand, so 1 Tablespoon of water was used with 1/8 cup of freeze-dried bell pepper was used. And the amount of cheese was reduced to 1/2 cup. Since I'm not that crazy about mushrooms they were left out. The amount of French Fried onions were cut down to about 3 Tablespoons. Even with the recipe reduced, the baking time and temp. was " Spot On " . I really enjoyed it, my SO thought that it was just o.k.. I WILL make this again, as a special treat for myself when he goes out of town. " Keep Smiling :) "
Excellant. I made the recipe as directed using 2 boneless pork chops. I used a much smaller dish and only needed 1/2 of the onions.