Recipe by Alan Leonetti
I developed this recipe, which makes the most delicious pan-fried, breaded pork chops. I used to use bread crumbs, but the crushed corn flakes are so much better.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
On 6/21/11 I made this for mine and SO's dinner. The two chops that I had were on the thick side( 1 inch ) ,the recipe was followed exactly as it was written.Since the chops were on the the thick side,a little more cooking time was added.And as the others said "The corn flakes seems to have made the difference.Thanks for taking the time to post and, " Keep Smiling :) "
- 4 pork chops (1/2" thick)
- flour (for dredging)
- 2 large eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat the chops dry with paper towel.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl.
- Place beaten eggs into a second bowl& season with salt and pepper.
- Place the crushed corn flakes into a third bowl seasoned with the tarragon, thyme, marjoram and basil.
- The crushed corn flakes can be found in the supermarket next to the Shake-n-bake.
- Dredge a chop in the flour and shake off the excess.
- Then dip it into the eggs and then into the corn flakes.
- Then place it onto either waxed paper or a baking sheet.
- Repeat with all of the remaining chops.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with enough olive oil to come halfway up the sides of the chops.
- When the oil is hot enough and shimmers, add the chops and fry 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.