Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from "Our School Cookbook", a cookbook compiled by elementary students in a school from Truro, Nova Scotia. I like recipes that are easy, flavorful and look appealing when being served. All in all, a great pork chop recipe.
- 6 pork chops, trimmed of fat
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown pork chops in frying pan and then transfer to a roasting pan.
- Scatter onion over pork chops.
- Mix remaining 6 ingredients together and pour over pork chops and onion.
- Bake for about 1 hour until meat is tender.
Delicious Pork chops. I sliced the onion rather then chopped and layed the onion slices on the pork chops. I have been using a recipe similar to this for years. Thank you for sharing your recipe
This is a wonderful recipe. I served it with "Elegant Potatoes"; steamed brocoli and green salad. The family loved it! The sauce is also great on meatloaf and perfect for BBQ Meatballs.
Absolutely wonderful! I'm putting this one in my favorites! I added a little extra brown sugar to mine It was sweet but still had a little zing to it from the ketchup. Excellent!!!