Thisclose to East Side Mario's Salad Dressing
- Ready In:
- Combine all in a measuring cup, and mix with an immersion blender.
- Pour into a container and refrigerate.
- The longer it sits, the better it gets.
- Prep time is cooking time.
- To make this truly authentic, make the salad with iceberg lettuce, rounds of red onion, hot pickled peppers (we don't like them, but the salad comes with two), croutons and oodles of grated parm cheese- the fresh stuff, not out of a can.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I just bought a bottle at the restaurant ($4.99 for 350 mL). The ingredients are listed below. Maybe they will help with tweaking the recipe. ---Soybean oil, water, vinegar, salt, sugar, spices and herbs, hydrolyzed yeast protein, dehydrated garlic, dehydrated onion, xanthan gum, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, propylene glycol alginate, dehydrated red pepper, calcium disodium EDTA, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate.--- While this recipe might not be like the real thing, I'm giving it 4 stars for not having any of the chemicals that are found in the real thing. Yikes!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've been married since 2002, and in that time, we have moved across Canada. Met when he was in Alberta and I was working in Saskatchewan, moved to Trenton, Ontario, and then to Halifax and now we are in Manitoba. I am lucky to have a husband who is willing to try anything I make, and will even eat it if it's not so great.