- Mix salt and pepper with the bread crumbs.
- Whip egg lightly, turn the pork chops in egg, then in bread crumbs.
- Heat shortening in skillet, brown pork chops lightly on both sides, and place them in a shallow dish.
- Cool off the skillet with a little water (very little) and pour drippings over chops.
- Cover and bake in moderate oven, 325° to 350°F, about 45 minutes.
These pork chops were very tasty and so moist. I baked them at 400 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes only because after 45 minutes I realized that I did not turn the oven on. Even my picky husband said these are a keeper so they are now. Gabby
I did add garlic and onion powder to the bread crumb mixture, DH's favorite! I used a cast iron DO so one pan went from stove top to oven. Easy and quick. Thanks
These were nice and tasty even though I over cooked them. My half-inch chops were a bit dry after baking at 350 for 30 minutes. Next time I'll check them sooner. Thanks for the easy recipe... can't wait to try it again.