1/2 Photos of Pork Chops
Lani Kai's Note:
This is a fantastic easy meal that is a real winner each time. I make mine with lots of ground pepper for a slighty hotter sauce and the trick is to have a pan with a very tight lid I use a pan that is used for soup making.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices good bacon or 4 slices ham, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil, extra for onions
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups homemade chicken stock or 1 3/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (50 g) packet meat gravy mix, preferably spicy and with pimentos
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 -6 bone-in rib pork loin chops, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leave
- 1 bay leaf
- 1Fry the bacon on a medium heat until brown and slightly crisp.
- 2Remove and set aside.
- 3Turn the heat down and into the same pan add 1 tbs of oil and fry the onions until golden, add the garlc, bay leaf and thyme-Remove and set aside.
- 4Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat until shimmering, 2 to 3minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, pat the chops dry with paper towels and season generously with salt and pepper.
- 6Place the chops in the pan in a single layer and cook until a deep brown crust forms, about 2 minutes.
- 7Turn the chops over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- 8Transfer to a pan that has a very tight lid.
- 9Arrange the chops on the bottom and cover with the onions.
- 10Mix the packet of instant gravy mix with the stock and the flour and pour over the top of the onions.
- 11Sprinkle with remaining bacon and place the lid on tightly cook for 20 minutes on a medium heat.
- 12Remove the lid and keep reducing the sauce until it is of a gravy like consistency.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 752.0
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 177.6 mg
- Sodium 1439.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 60.1 g