Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a wonderful recipe to use leftover meat, and so easy to make!...you can even add in cooked shrimp! You can use fresh mushrooms but they will have to be cooked first to release their moisture.
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup or 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups leftover cooked pork or 2 cups cooked beef or 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water (can use chicken broth also, make certain that it is cold or it will not mix with the cornstarch)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced (can use green)
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 2 cups canned mushroom slices, well drained
- salt and pepper (I just use one or two cans for this)
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- green onion, finely chopped (optional)
- In a large bowl combine soy sauce, corn syrup (or brown sugar) and mix together with the cooked meat; let stand for 30 minutes.
- Mix/whisk the cornstarch with cold water (or COLD chicken broth) and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet until hot.
- Add in onions slices; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add in garlic and sliced vegetables; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add in the meat mixture; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add in the cornstarch mixture; stir for 2 minutes.
- Add in the bean sprouts and cook, stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and
- Add in more soy sauce if desired.
- Transfer to a large bowl sprinkle with chopped green onions if desired.
- Serve with rice.
This was really good. I used the brown sugar, chicken broth and pork and it was fantastic. Flavorful and great for using leftover meat.
Followed this one exactly but cut in half. Used the brown sugar and chicken broth options. It was Fantastic! Also used the sliced green onion garnish which added much more flavor than I had expected. 5 STARS *****
Made this several days ago and now just getting down to reviewing it. I cut the recipe in half and followed it exactly. All I can say is Kittencal you have given us another "wonderful" recipe. Thank you!