Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From NBC's show "Biggest Loser Families", a recipe created by famous chef Rocco. Looks very delicious, as he claimed recipes to cost under $7 and it's healthy!!!
- Pam cooking spray
- 1 lb lean pork loin, cut into bite-size strips
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter, no salt or sugar added
- 2⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Heat a large nonstick pan over high heat. Spray with PAM, season pork with Nu-Salt and add to the pan. Stir fry until light golden brown and almost cooked through, about 3 minutes. Remove pork from pan and set aside.
- Spray pan with PAM again and add ginger. Saute for about 1 minute and add onions. Season with Nu-Salt and continue to cook for another 4 minutes. Add snow peas and continue to cook until tender/crisp. Remove vegetables from pan.
- Add orange juice concentrate and red pepper flakes to the pan and bring to a boil. Whisk in peanut butter and return to a simmer. Toss pork and vegetables with peanut-orange sauce and basil. Adjust seasonings, if necessary, and serve. Although no actual salt is called for in this recipe, please add it as you see fit.