From NBC's show "Biggest Loser Families", a recipe created by famous chef Rocco. Looks very delicious, as he claimed recipes to cost under $7 and it's healthy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- Pam cooking spray
- 1 lb lean pork loin, cut into bite-size strips
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb snow peas
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter, no salt or sugar added
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1Heat a large nonstick pan over high heat. Spray with PAM, season pork with Nu-Salt and add to the pan. Stir fry until light golden brown and almost cooked through, about 3 minutes. Remove pork from pan and set aside.
- 2Spray pan with PAM again and add ginger. Saute for about 1 minute and add onions. Season with Nu-Salt and continue to cook for another 4 minutes. Add snow peas and continue to cook until tender/crisp. Remove vegetables from pan.
- 3Add orange juice concentrate and red pepper flakes to the pan and bring to a boil. Whisk in peanut butter and return to a simmer. Toss pork and vegetables with peanut-orange sauce and basil. Adjust seasonings, if necessary, and serve. Although no actual salt is called for in this recipe, please add it as you see fit.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork and Vegetable Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.8
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 91.9 mg
- Sodium 74.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 38.5 g