1/5 Photos of Pork Adobada
4 hrs 30 mins
This recipe produces a rich chile sauce and the meat is falling apart tender. Serve with warm tortillas, grated cheese and shredded lettuce for a mexican taste sensation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 new mexico anaheim dried red chilies
- 4 dried pasilla peppers
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 lbs lean pork, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Tear chile pods into pieces, removing steam and reserving seeds.
- 2Place chile on baking sheet, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3When oven is hot roast the chile for 10 minutes.
- 4Place the chile in blender container.
- 5Bring the chicken stock to a boil, add cider vinegar and pour over chile.
- 6Allow to sit for about 10 to 15 minutes to soften chile.
- 7Add orange juice contentrate, tomato paste, brown sugar and cumin.
- 8Blend into a smooth paste, add 1 tablespoon of the chile seeds and blend until smooth.
- 9Warm olive oil in skillet, add onions and garlic.
- 10Saute until onions begin to brown lightly then pour onions into crockpot.
- 11Toss the pork with 1 tablespoon of flour.
- 12In same skillet add pork cubes and brown stirring frequently.
- 13May need to brown the meat in batches to enusre even browning,.
- 14As meat is browned, transfer to crockpot.
- 15When all the meat has been browned, pour 1/2 cup water into skillet, bring to a boil and scrape up browned bits.
- 16Pour into crockpot along with chile sauce, stirring well.
- 17Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- 18Please note: This freezes well, freeze in a rigid container; defrost and heat through.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Adobada
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.1
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 135.0 mg
- Sodium 231.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 52.0 g