Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Reprinted with permission from The Popcorn Board, popcorn.org., January 2007, I found it in the NJ Family Magazine website. I haven't made this but it was so unusual sounding and may be low carb which is good for my DH. Here for safe keeping.
- 5 cups popcorn, popped
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey, extra lean
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup milk, 2% preferred
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce or 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Spray an 8-inch x 4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Process popcorn in a blender or food processor until finely ground; pour into a large bowl.
- Add ground beef (or turkey), celery, onion, milk, egg, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Press meat mixture into pan; spread chili sauce over top. Bake for 1 hour, or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes before slicing.
- Tip: Mixture may be divided into 2 small loaf pans; bake at 350º F. 35 minutes or until cooked through.