Cap City Diner Meatloaf
This is the meatloaf recipe from Cap City Fine Diner, a Cameron Mitchell Restaurant in Columbus, OH. This recipe was originally posted in the Columbus Dispatch. The recipe for the barbecue sauce that goes with this can be found in Recipe #140992.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons diced white onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 ounces ground veal (optional)
- 10 ounces ground pork
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons heavy cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (any will do, but $notetemplate1$ is recommended)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in olive oil until tender. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine meats, egg, bread crumbs, herbs, garlic, and cream. Mix well.
- Add mushroom and onions. Add 2 TB of barbecue sauce. Add remaining ingredients; mix thoroughly.
- Place mixture in a loaf pan, pushing down firmly to pack meat into place. Cover with foil. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- (Optional) Remove foil; cover meatloaf with desired amount of barbecue sauce. Cook uncovered for an additional 10-15 minutes. Serve with barbecue sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I can't resist ordering the meatloaf at Cap City every time I go there! so I was very excited to see the recipe and try it! Like others, I did not have the veal so added extra pork. I made the Cap City BBQ (yummy!) and, I made the onion straws to complete the recipe. I plated it just like Capy City with the meatloaf on the bottom follwed by the mashed potatoes on top, drizzled the bbq sauce and topped with the onion straws. Everyone loved it! Thanks for a great recipe!!