Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Haven't tried this yet. Posting for safe-keeping. From BHG.
Make and share this Polish Sausage and Cabbage Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 4 cups coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage with carrots)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds, crushed
- 1 lb cooked Polish sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 4 cups chicken broth (low-sodium is ok)
- Add first 5 ingredients to a 4-quart slow-cooker.
- Pour broth over all.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10-12 hours.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; serve hot.
We loved this! It was a "throw it in the pot and forget about it" meal and it turned out great! I used turkey sausage, skipped the caraway seeds and used garlic chicken broth. I didn't cook the sausage in the crock pot because it gets too soggy that way. I sauteed it in a pan and added it to the soup right before serving. Thank you so much for posting!
Very easy to make but we did not think it had a lot of flavor.