Recipe by TheDancingCook
If you like Reuben sandwiches, you will love this casserole. Got it out of one of those small cookbooks you see in line at the grocery store, a few years ago.
Top Review by Kevin Young
This was quite a good casserole, it was definitely filling, and an intersting texture with the noodles (I just made my own egg noodles for it). I agree, if you like reuben sandwiches, you will like this. The only thing I did different was add carraway seeds (I always do that with kraut though.)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (16 ounce) cans sauerkraut, rinsed and drained (I like SilverFloss brand)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs kielbasa, diced,rounded,sliced,whatever you prefer
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon mustard, regular yellow or spicy
- 8 ounces medium noodles, uncooked
- 8 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soup, milk, onion& mustard in bowl and blend well.
- Spread sauerkraut into greased 13x9 dish and top with the uncooked noodles.
- Spoon soup mixture over noodles.
- Cover with keilbasa and cover with cheese.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter and drizzle over cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until noodles are tender.