Recipe by ElaineAnn
Simple and tasty! I came up with this when I was short on time and long on craving spaghetti. This freezes well, so you can serve 1 or 2 and save some for the next time you're in a real hurry.
Top Review by Boomette
This sauce was enjoyed by DH and my son. But for me, I was not too sure about the spices (and it's spices that I like in recipes usually). But in a spaghetti sauce, I'm not too sure ;) The thickness of the sauce was perfect for us. There was enough beef for our taste. The wine is a great addition. Thanks Elaine :) Made for Holiday tag game
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb ground round
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter just until softened.
- Add ground round and brown slowly, breaking up to a fine crumble.
- Add wine and simmer for about 20 minutes until it is reduced by half.
- Add tomato soup, broth, and seasonings, stir well and bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour. If sauce is not thick enough for you, uncover and simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.