Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a differently delicious pie by Southern Living. I love fresh plums and this pie truly captures summer in each bite. Enjoy!
- 8 plums (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- PASTRY SHELL Combine flour and sugar; add butter and vinegar, mixing well. press evenly into bottom and halfway up sides of lightly greased 10-inch piepan. Prick bottom with a fork.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cut each plum into 8 wedges; discard pits. Sprinkle flour evenly in bottom of partially baked pastry shell. Arrange plum wedges side by side in pastry shell, overlapping.
- slightly. Combine cinnamon and sugar;sprinkle over plums. Pour eggs over top, covering surface evenly. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
Loved it. I especially liked the crust- so easy to do and I didn't need to roll it out, just press into the pie plate. I am like Arachne and I want to make another one! Thanks for posting.
Simple but impressive recipe! I used plums out of my neighbor's tree. It was really good! Thanks!
I found this recipe when trying to get rid of some wild plums a neighbor gave me. I cheated and used 2 ready-made crusts (one for top and one for crust) but did everything else exactly the same way. I also froze the pie and thawed it out and cooked as directed. It was wonderful!!!