Pineapple Carrot Raisin Muffins
My father got muffins from a tenant of his (who happens to be a chef). My mom made my dad ask the chef if he would write down the recipe for her Then, My mom asked if I would make it, and I agreed with a sort of "ehhh, pineapple??" attitude. haha. Well, it's delicious! It's light and sweet. and I baked mine until they sort of got crsip around the edges (crunchy muffin tops are lovely in my opinion). The original recipe calls for walnuts, but I personally use chopped almonds instead.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl combine dry ingredients: Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, ground cinnamon and ground ginger.
- Stir in carrots, raisins and nuts.
- In a seperate bowl, combine wet ingredients: undrained pineapple, eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients until just blended.
- DO NOT OVERBLEND, please. (: (it's for your own good, really).
- Spoon into greased 2 1/2 inch muffin cups.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center is clean when removed.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Was looking for something to use up some crushed pineapple and wow did I find a great one. I had one fresh from the oven and loved the crisp crust and all the flavors but was a bit sweet. I may try half pineapple and half apple. Will try one cold to see the difference, what was wonderful warm.1Reply